OK, so you know I’m going to tell you to clean your workspace and get organized. But, you already figured that one out when you spent a half hour looking for that form you needed and then another 15 minutes trying to find the phone number you put on that green sticky note (or was it on the back of a green envelope?).
Either way, your efficiency is going downhill quickly and you really need to get this work completed today. Working in a home office can become overwhelming sometimes. It’s too easy to let things pile up and clutter your workspace until you are confined to six inches of open space on either side of your keyboard. We’ve all been there with piles of folders, sticky notes, mail, passwords written on random papers, photos, cups, and various other “absolutely must haves” crowding our work environment.
A cluttered workstation hampers our ability to think clearly and creatively. We become inefficient, mentally as well as physically. We waste time, get confused, overwhelmed and lose our motivation. Our productivity becomes hostage to the mess.
An efficiently organized home office can provide you with the foundation to make more money online because clearing the clutter will help you feel in control, energetic and clear thinking. You’ll get more work done, more effectively, and you will make more money.
Here are 5 simple ways to makeover your workspace and become super efficient in the process:
1. Clear out and clean everything. Clutter attracts clutter. Actually schedule time to completely clear off your office desk and surrounding work area. If you have a table nearby, clear that too. Move larger piles into another room until you have time to deal with them. Use a spray cleaner to wash down the desk and table area. Wash windows. Wipe down your computer and keyboard. Take everything off of your bulletin board. Remove from the room all plants and non-work related items like cups, and bottles of water, pictures, do-dads, etc. Do not store boxes of toys, clothes, and old furniture in your office. Toss anything you no longer need. Really make an effort to create an “empty” space.
2. Start Fresh. Open the windows. Arrange your computer or laptop, files, file cabinets, desk supplies in an orderly manner on your clean new desk area. Find a soft lamp to infuse light throughout the room. A very important element to your home office is a comfortable office chair. If you don’t have one, now is the time to pamper yourself. If you are comfortable, you will be able to work longer and more efficiently.
3. Go Green. Add plants, move your desk near a window or into a more inspiring location. Set up computers, printers, and all electronics with an energy efficient power strip. Put images of outdoors and nature on your wall.
4. Inspire. On your desk and windowsill, use the power of three to inspire you. Three pictures of kids, friends, family, etc. Three plants to add fresh oxygen to your workspace such as a Money Tree and Lucky Bamboo, and ivy. Three quotes about money and motivation.
5. Less is More. Aim for a Zen quality to your workspace. Only that which you need in the moment should be on your desk. All books and reference materials should be on a bookcase. Everything else goes back to its home (file cabinets, drawers, folders). Take out one project at a time.
Your space reflects your commitment to perform well. At the end of each workday, commit to putting everything away and leaving your workspace neat, clean and ready for productivity the next day. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how much more work you get done. You’ll feel less stressed and more motivated to take on additional tasks.
Make a commitment to succeed today.
Do you want more free tips on how to organize your time and make money online fast?
Japanese and Oriental style furniture have been people choice as the number one furniture style with each characteristics attached. In general, Japanese furniture trademark designs features simple, clean, often boxy lines. Oriental furniture has its own style with the bold painted designs which often feature reds, gold and black. Oriental furniture, typically made of rosewood, is heavily lacquered to cover skillfully painted scenes.
Recently, European and North American people have switched the perspective of furniture style from the Far East origin to South East furniture style. It happened as they were looking for fresh and kick off design and the craftsmanship. This somewhat called a new trend has been started from many years ago and ongoing process.
The South Asia furniture style is different from the Oriental or Japan style. Some say that Southeast Asian Furniture, for this case is Indonesia, is considered somewhat exotic. Some people have made a statement that Indonesian furniture style is the most influential for the world of industry. Indonesian wood furniture design is divided into traditional and modern one. Both are way different but each has individual uniqueness.
Traditional Indonesian furniture style features hand carved designs from bold, darkly stained woods. Bali, the most popular island in Indonesia, has been noticeable worldwide as the most skilled wood furniture artisan. Commonly made of teak and mahogany, the piece of furniture is guarantee for last for centuries.
Apart from Bali, Indonesian furniture manufacturers also created contemporary furniture with the modern designs with the Asian flair. There is not any full ornament applied in furniture produced like Oriental furniture usually has. Despite of its modern design, it does still have the look of warm, comfortable, and express natural beauty towards Mother Nature. It surely the main unchangeable part of furniture creation from this South East Asian tropical archipelago country.
How would you describe your home office? Is it a pleasant place that welcomes you and helps you work more efficiently everyday? Or, is it cluttered, dark and just a place you sit to get work done?
Imagine starting each morning in a workspace that is calm, clean and gives you the feeling that all is well and abundance is everywhere. Any workspace can be transformed into a comfortable, motivating place to grow your business. It takes a little work, but with a few changes, you can make the commitment to love your life and love your work.
Try these 9 simple ideas to enhance your workspace and inspire your creativity:
1. Clean your workspace. A cluttered room blocks creativity and slows your energy. Spend a day cleaning and throwing away no longer needed items. Be simple. You’ll feel happier.
2. Move your desk in front of the window. Why not give yourself the opportunity to see blue sky, leaves blowing in the wind, fluffy clouds while you type away at your laptop? Open the window for fresh air.
3. Place some plants on your windowsill or on a table near the window. Plants clear the air and give us the gift of fresh oxygen. Good for your brain! Find plants like a Lucky Bamboo or Money Tree at your local supermarket or home store.
4. Paint your work area walls. This will require a little more work but the payoff is well worth it. Choose a color that is soothing and peaceful like a dusty blue. It will give you the feel of blue sky and act as a calming background to all your paperwork and electronics.
5. Paint old furniture and file cabinets black or gray. This will create a neutral background for your work. The less distractions as you work, the easier you can complete tasks. I found two file cabinets in a “scratch and dent” sale and painted them semi-gloss enamel black along with two black bookshelves. They look clean and fresh against the soft blue walls.
6. Surround yourself with inspirational words. Either Google or use the new search engine, Bing, to find motivational quotes. Choose a few, type them up with fonts that please you and print them. Cut them out and place on your bulletin board or in front of your workspace.
7. Create a Vision Board. You know what this is. Take one of your bulletin boards or a 24 x 36 cardboard or foam board and fill it with images that motivate you. Find pictures of money, beautiful abundant nature, things that you would like to have such as a car, or new home. Just search on Bing.com for “money images” and you’ll be surprised how many pictures come up. Just click and print. Put a couple of your inspirational quotes on the board and a picture of you, too. You’re all set. Just glancing at it once in a while will lift your energy.
8. Background sounds. Some people find music a distraction, while others need it to block out noise or keep their brain busy while doing certain tasks. Find the perfect music to keep you focused, either soft nature sounds, classical, or alpha waves that can help you tap into your creativity. Whatever keeps you focused.
9. Favorite objects. Choose only a few. Everyone’s got some little things around that bring a smile or spark a memory. Choose three or four items that make you feel happy. A few pictures of happy moments and people you love will remind you why you are working. Remember, less is more. So, organize these items on a shelf or on your desk without taking up too much space.
In a visually well-organized home office, you can work in peace and feel energetic and happy as you work. You’ll think more clearly and get a lot more work accomplished. Create a workspace that inspires the best in you.
Would you like to see a free step-by-step video tutorial that you can start using today to help you make more money from home?
To Danish Inspirations, the term modern or contemporary reflects more of an integral approach of the furniture towards life than its look. If you are looking for Houston contemporary furniture that intends the adaptability towards change, look no further and just visit Danish Inspiration. Furniture Houston is in a continuous state of betterment and Danish Inspirations’ tendency of adopting the change is awesome and unequaled.
The furniture Houston contemporary is not looked as any compromise with its mesmerizing ethnic features. All furniture Houston feature classic touch without losing its ultra modern taste. If you have the room dimensions smaller, Houston modern furniture is just what that can adorn your dwelling. You can find compact furniture that comes in every shape and size. On the other hand, if you have big rooms, you can have better choice of modern as well as traditional furniture.
The trend of Houston contemporary furniture was bound to happen as a part of changes in modern house architecture. Old Houston furniture has gotten into a new and its classicism has turned into modernism. However, the thing that has never changed over the time is the passion of people about having the best furniture for their houses. In this way, furniture Houston contemporary boasts a fine blend of modern furniture that has redefined the tradition of decorating the home.
Lovely furniture Houston has always remained a hot favorite among the masses because of its unique and eye-catching style and finishing. Every piece of Houston contemporary furniture is made with great efforts and skill-set by the crafts men. Whether you are looking for a small piece of furniture or a big one, you find everything representing your sense of valuing the creativity.
With innumerable options available, modern furniture demands have undoubtedly soared up. Today, what always looked luxury in the traditional way has suddenly turned modernized. All thanks to contemporary Houston furniture that has cope-up with time and has always provided the best possible pieces of exquisite furniture to adore your room. Whether house or office, shop or showroom; the Houston modern furniture has capability to change the entire complexion of places.
Choosing modern Houston furniture is never so hard. All you need to do is log on to online furniture website that sells genuine furniture and start browsing the piece you want. The websites are user friendly so that you do not need much effort to find what you want. Simply clicking on the piece of furniture would open information about it and once you fill your shopping cart, you can pay online and get furniture without any hassles.
Nowadays, as the population is increasing at an alarming rate, there is a scarcity of construction land in almost whole world. So if you have any plans regarding building a new home and not able to get a good area, you can think of another option that is the home extension. As this option sounds good, but you need to manage the project on your own or look out for some good reputed Home Extension Builder or a contractor to have it done for you.
Once you have made up your mind for home extension, firstly you need to have some good planning and funds available to have it done. Secondly, if you are short of time and not able to manage the project, you need to hire some good and experienced professional to get it done for you. Choosing a good Home Extension Builder or a contractor is a tough job. You need to consult some of your friends, relatives and real estate agent to guide you to best contractor.
A Home Extension Builder or contractor must be registered and should have a legal license to enhance building projects. Make sure that he is in the business for long time and has an experienced staff too. The contractor must not be embarrassed to answer the queries and shall give references of his previous work experience. He shall be capable of handling all legal formalities related to permits from the building association and provide with some good solutions in case of any problem. Make sure to look into the contract thoroughly to ensure what all comes in the contract and must have an approximate idea of the total investments involved. Finally, make sure to have the contractor’s name, license number, address and contact numbers available on the contract.
Nowadays, people look for something different from wood furniture. People always want to have their living space comfortable to live. Whether it is living room, dining room, or bedroom, they would like to make each part reflects the owner character and style. People might change their mind right away by choosing the specific furniture best placed in their living. They do this because of the trend influence or it is the right time to get the new one.
Many kinds of material play a role to give beauty to the furniture attached. But, wood gives natural impression to the place where the furniture set. Beside that the unfinished natural result of wood furniture creates the uniqueness of wood that can be seen from its texture, fiber and color.
People have many choices when it comes to furniture for interior and exterior in their living. The natural atmosphere and warmth can be impressed in a room they choose. It is an opportunity for people with no hesitation to organize a relaxing home living for sure.
The miracle touch of wood has made many people switch their taste of furniture. Even for those who work at home, they do need a personal office match with the interior design of the furniture chosen. Some office furniture is seen more like cold and static. The senses of wood turn the productive work environment with wood furnishing.
What one has to pay more attention when want to have wood living furniture are many. It can be seen from the maintenance, price, quality, your need and design. Wood furniture required less maintenance but depth pocket. Consider to the budget and the where you live. Do not be selfish by buying something but you don’t even think the long term effect.